FAQ - Online Statements Questions
Log in to your Online Banking account. Select “Statements/Notices” from the menu. Select “Profile” to change your notification preference.
Online Statements and Notices are a FREE and easy way to safely and conveniently access your financial statements online. With Online Statements and Notices from Gate City Bank, it's like receiving monthly paper statements and notices in the mail, except all your historical statements are stored online for you to view, print or save anytime. Your Online Statements are recognized as official documents and can be used for record-keeping purposes.
No, having Online Statements and Notices discontinues paper statements and notices.
Log in to your Online or Mobile Banking account. Select “Statements/Notices” from the menu.
Then, follow the instructions below:
- Click on the ‘Profile’ tab
- Locate the account(s) that are set to Paper and change the radio button to Paperless
- Select the notification option
- Click submit
Statements are summaries of financial transactions on your account over a certain time period, while notices are messages sent regarding changes or updates to your account that may require your attention.
Existing Online Banking Users:
- From our website, log in to Online Banking or Mobile Banking, or log in through the Mobile App
- Select "Statements/Notices" from the menu
- Confirm that you can view the sample statement
- Accept the agreement. All accounts will be enrolled for online statements and notices
To sign up to receive text alerts, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Online Banking, Mobile Banking or Mobile App
- Select "Statements/Notices" from the menu
- Select "Profile"
- In the Profile and Delivery Preference, select the "text" radio button
- In the "Send Text to:" add in your cell phone number
- Click "Submit". You will now receive a text message notification when your new Online Statement or Notice is available
Not registered for Online Banking? Sign up here
To view or get a copy of your Online Statement or Notice, log in to your Online Banking account. Select "Statements/Notices" from the menu. Select "Statements" or "Notices" from the menu to view your electronic documents.
Note: To view or save a copy of your Online Statement or Notice, your computer must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download Adobe to your computer for free at www.adobe.com.
Online Statements and Notices are FREE for all Gate City Bank customers.
Gate City Bank will archive the past two years of your checking and savings account statements. Mortgage loan statements are available back to January 2014, or from your loan opening. All other loan statements are available back to November 2016 and will eventually accumulate to two years. Notices are available back to November 2016 and will eventually accumulate to two years. Online Statements and Notices are available until one year after your account is closed.
Online Statements and Notices are available for all checking accounts, savings accounts, mortgage loans and personal loans with automatic payments. Signing up for Online Statements and Notices discontinues your paper statements and notices.
The following notices are available online:
- NSF Notices
- Reg E Opt-in
- Money Market and Savings Account Transaction Limitation Notice
- Certificate Maturity Notice
- Retirement Mandatory Distribution
- Loan Late Notice
- Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) Early Notice
- Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) Notice
- HELOC Maturing
You may request to unsubscribe some or all of your accounts from Online Statements and Notices at any time by contacting us by phone or email, or visiting your nearest Gate City Bank location.
You will receive an email or text notification when a new statement is available online, depending on which notification preference you have selected.
If you have signed up for Online Statements and Notices, but are not receiving an email notification, you should verify that your email is correct by signing into your Online Banking account and going to Profile> Profile Updates> Change Email Address. Your Current Email is visible on this page. You can also update your email on this page by completed the fields and clicking Update.
Your email account may also be filtering the notifications into your spam or junk folders. To ensure that you receive the notifications, please add Gate City Bank to your address book or your safe list. To update your email address for Online Business Banking, please contact us.
The Account History transactions are current with Gate City Bank's system. You can view your Account History without signing up for Online Statements. Online Statements are similar to the paper statements you received in the mail in that they show transactions from a set period of time - or your statement cycle.